Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Attached

Song to this post: "Break Away" Kelly Clarkson

Some say that attaching yourself to someone can be a good thing. That wanting something so badly and so enormously is healthy for us and helps us grow. But what about the pain that comes with it? What about the strings tied to us and the pull that we can't resist? When we want something that badly we forget about what is right for us and what we deserve and go for what we want. We rarely question it and hardly ever accept the negatives and what it would be like to have those strings cut. Are we so masochistic that we put ourselves in the position to get hurt from the people we are attached to? Do we subconsciously enjoy the pain that we receive from it? Further more, how are we to determine if the pain we feel is just a growing pain, or if it's the real pain? Are we to forever be attached to someone and ignore the pain or mistake it for knowledge? Whatever is the reason or outcome or result or what have you, the answer is the same. Pain is pain. It hurts, it sucks, and we have to live with it. The strings never break and the attachments always there. Never to fully move on, never to forget, and impossible to remove the scars. Is it ever possible for us to break those cords, and just divulge ourselves in the pain, in hopes that we have rid ourselves of its source? No. The pain remains like an everlasting sunburn, the ache echoes like a throbbing limb, and the heartbreak doesn't break even.

Quote to this post: "I'm not supposed to love you, I'm not supposed to care, I'm not supposed to live my life wishing you were there. I'm not supposed to wonder where you are or what you do . . .I'm sorry I can't help myself. I'm in love with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment