Friday, November 6, 2009

recent books

so I officially started my summer reading list and what it is i would like to accomplish. some of them are the typical juvenile easy reads just for the entertainment, however, i am branching out more. I want to read the second book by Dave Eggers, I would like to continue books by Augustin Burroughs ( he is an amazing author) but some new books I want to get a feel for are:
  • Mark Twain, Mississippi Writings
  • Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
  • Ian McEwan, Saturday
  • Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse five
  • Ernest Hemmingway, For Whom the Bells Toll
  • Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • Albert Camus, The Stranger

So far this is my list. I want to venture back to the classics and hopefully expand my literary compass. Feel free to recommend books that you have read and particularly like.

No comments:

Post a Comment